Communities are at the core of our business.
Building stronger businesses and communities are at the heart of our philosophy. From helping non-profit organizations during times of national emergencies to supporting local level community-building groups, count on AdvanceMe to be there.
Here are just a few of the organizations we've been very proud to support:
Dedicated to bringing at-risk youth more opportunity, Devereux Georgia assists children who are victims of extreme poverty, abuse or neglect. AMI and its employees truly believe in the inspiring work of this institution. We have actively supported the efforts of this non-profit residential treatment network for many years, and in 2007, AMI was proud to be named as Devereux's Community Partner of the Year.
Over the years, AMI employees have looked for unique ways we can help this organization and its children thrive. Some of the projects have included:
- Wall of Wishes: Each December, the resident children of Devereux write out their Christmas gift wishes on individual paper ornaments. These ornaments are taped to the walls of AMI, where employees can take them down, purchase the gifts and help make these wishes come true. Every year this effort has grown larger, and every year, the children of Devereux receive hundreds of gifts from AMI employees.
- The Playground: On April 22nd, 2006, AMI joined other volunteers to help build a new playground for the children of Devereux. The Home Depot & Kaboom Playground Systems donated the materials and the tools. AMI employees and their family members donated their time to help put everything together. The kids were very appreciative, and the playground continues to be one of their favorite places to be.
- Book and Magazine Drives: To help offer more to the children of Devereux, AMI has sponsored company-wide magazine and book drives. The success of previous drives has turned this into an annual event at AMI where everyone gets involved, and the children receive hundreds of books and magazines as a result.
- Entertainment Drives: Similar to the magazine and book drives, AMI employees have stepped-up and donated many CDs, DVDs and Video tapes to offer the children some wholesome entertainment to enjoy during their stay at Devereux.
- Computer Donations: AMI has donated refurbished computers to Devereux to help them create more learning opportunities for the children.
- Silent Auction: In 2008, AMI donated many pieces of framed artwork, then auctioned them off. 100% of the proceeds went to Devereux.
Future projects that are currently being discussed include AMI-sponsored business seminars and training for the older children of Devereux. Some of the potential topics for discussion would include Money Management (emphasizing maintaining good credit), Successful Interviews from Start-to-Finish, Customer Service and Telephone Etiquette.